Vous êtes ici : Accueil > Forums > Revêtements

Palio thors ou le tenergy chinois???

Mardi 08 Février 2011 19:45

Ca doit avancer du tonnerre ça !!! Émoticône

Mardi 08 Février 2011 20:14

Citation de pokersauge :

C'est une brique le Thor; il fait 50°-55° chinois!!!
Le thermomètre n'est pas responsable de la température

Mardi 08 Février 2011 20:24

Citation de Curlspezial :
Citation de pokersauge :

Un Spinart chinois! L'horreur...

Mardi 08 Février 2011 23:31

debraj said this on November 16, 2010:

completely different animal from all TT rubbers previously made.

very very good in winning games...

....not really that good for easy playing, ..... but definitely easier than tenergy, and more effective than tenergy.

Mercredi 09 Février 2011 08:33

Citation de Moimoi21 :
Ca doit avancer du tonnerre ça !!! Émoticône

Ou alors c'est spécial sercive MARTEAU !!!

Mercredi 09 Février 2011 09:13

Citation de pokersauge :

Pas plus que le Roxon 500 Clin d'oeil

C'est un topsheet plutot "chinois" (collant) sur une mousse tensor ESN.
On peut donc facilement avoir un ressenti inférieur de 5°.

Il est très populaire sur le forum mytabletennis.net
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=37016&title=palio-thors-impressions-and-reviews

Mercredi 09 Février 2011 11:38

Here is a quick compressed review of Palio Thors from a Ukrainian TT forum: (by sim@tt-ua.com)

Caveat: Testing was done against the robot, real match testing will follow.

I bought black MAX (the only option) from a Palio dealer (JT - Eacheng, I suspect). Sponge is of a bright mustard-yellow color, quite porous, rubber is marked with 54 deg hardness.

Weight - 72 g uncut, quite heavy for me. Topsheet is pretty tacky.

I put it on my KLHS (81 g) and the overall weight was 180 g (tolerable for me).

Impressions - rather bland. Nothing special. All elements were stable, not better not worse than many other tensors. Where was the killer FH loop? Well, it was to be expected. In order to make it shine you need

a) relatively hard blade to really penetrate the sponge. KLHS is not good for that due to its softness

b) FH loop technique must be different - namely, the standard Chinese loop technique instead of Euro one used with softer non-tacky tensors.

c) finally, good physique to execute the consecutive killer loops in the proper manner

OK, my physique is just fine (jinx-jinx). I also have Jun Mizutani blade which I wanted to test with Chinese tacky rubbers. The only thing left is the right technique but I have good sparring partners and coaches so we'll see..

So my next combo was - JM with Thors on FH, Blitz on BH - 187 g. A bit heavy for my wrist but JM is so nicely balanced that I didn't really feel the extra weight that much.

Testing by elements:

Chop - great! You can do it short, you can power chop it longer so that the trajectory drops suddenly putting the ball on the table. Never had done that before with a tacky rubber, feels just wonderful to me. I don't know why defenders don't use that rubber more... it's an offensive one but...

Drive - no surprises there, quite controllable, and if you drive it stronger you literally feel the ball cracking

Loop - brush-loop doesn't differ much from regular tensors. Power loop (WLQ style - JT) with serious sponge penetration must be done through the ball, and then regardless whether it was under or top-spin if you do it right you put the ball on the table, and low, too! Trajectory drops on the other side which shows that the Magnus effect is engaged by the crazy spin you produce.

Mercredi 09 Février 2011 11:38

I got my sheet of Thor's from ttarmory.

I tested it on the M.Maze last night and it is similar to Hurricane NEO or BWII. It has more than enough speed and decent spin. But to get big time spin out of it--a shot with a lot of power and topspin that arcs down to the table--I had to take a big swing, hitting the ball very hard and at just the right angle, grazing the ball. A totally different stroke than I am used to. I will need to try this rubber on a fast all-wood, higher throw blade like my Acoustic, and the rubber still needs to be broken in before I will truly know how it performs. But I found it difficult to use on a Maze, coming from Tenergy fh on a MJ or Maze.

This rubber is obviously aimed at the Hurrican NEO, BWII market. Its not a hybrid rubber like Spin Art. (Spin Art to me feels like a Japanese rubber with a few Chinese rubber properties, like speed glued Tackifire Special Soft, etc.) Rather, Thor's is a hard sponged, tacky rubber with some kick right out of the package, glued on with only water based glue.

note: The sponge is not pourous compared to all of the new rubbers like Tenergy, Vega, Blitz, etc. But compared to old school sponges, you can discern some tiny holes.

Mercredi 09 Février 2011 17:51

Citation de Derf59 :
Citation de pokersauge :

Pas plus que le Roxon 500 Clin d'oeil

C'est un topsheet plutot "chinois" (collant) sur une mousse tensor ESN.
On peut donc facilement avoir un ressenti inférieur de 5°.

Il est très populaire sur le forum mytabletennis.net
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=37016&title=palio-thors-impressions-and-reviews

Certes on peut enlever 5° mais si tu tombes sur la dureté la plus élevée, ça fait quand même du 50°.
Le thermomètre n'est pas responsable de la température

Mercredi 09 Février 2011 18:12

Certes on peut enlever 5° mais si tu tombes sur la dureté la plus élevée, ça fait quand même du 50°.

En tout cas les forumers de mytabletennis.net ne trouvent pas que c'est une brique Clin d'oeil

2 choses lui sont repprochées :
- bizarrement malgré sa dureté, ce ne serait pas le meilleur en frappe
- il est très "blade dependant", c'est à dire qu'il faut bien choisir le bois sur lequel le mettre

cf. post http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=39800&PN=1#490763

Mercredi 09 Février 2011 19:47

heuh, je capte rien a leurs posts, c koi comme bois qu'il faut idealement?
tendre/sec?
rapide/lent?
...???

Jeudi 10 Février 2011 08:55

Ben vu les commentaires que tu as postés, il faut un bois dur, donc sec pour réussir à faire pénétrer la balle dans la plaque. Sans vouloir t'offenser, tu comprends les commentaires en anglais que tu postes ou pas ?

Jeudi 10 Février 2011 18:45

je me sens offensé Content, si je pose la question c'est que non je n'avais pas compris...
et je poste pas que pour moi mais aussi pour les autres pour donner des infos a ceux que ca interesse...Content!
14 messages

Vous êtes ici : Accueil > Forums > Revêtements